What materials do you use?
Arni Crafts uses only the highest-grade Double-face sheepskin available. A piece of twin-face sheepskin has been treated on both the fleece side, and the skin side, providing the soft comfort.
What is Double faced Sheepskin ?
Double faced Sheepskin is a single layer of Sheepskin with the outer face being tanned hide and the inner being thick fleece. The wool on Double Faced Sheepskin does not shed because it is attached to the skin.
Nature out-smarts synthetics with better performance. Sheepskin provides a natural answer for many modern questions. Sheepskin is naturally thermostatic thus keeping bare feet close to your natural body temperature regardless of the temperature outside.
The wool is considered by the medical profession to be hypoallergenic.
How durable is my sheepskin?
Very durable! Our sheepskins will last a lifetime if they are cared for properly and used as the products were intended. We have provided extensive Caring for Sheepskin guidelines to help maintain the properties and life of the sheepskin products.
What is the difference between wool and sheepskin?
Wool is the fur from the sheep, sheered, or shaven off and sewn or placed onto a backing. Sheepskin is the wool still attached to the hide of the sheep and tanned appropriately.
Can I wash them?
- Light stains can be removed using a damp cloth to prevent excessive soiling.
- Hand wash in cool or lukewarm water, using a mild detergent, such as Eucalan Wool Wash. This detergent is formulated especially for sheepskin products and doesn’t contain chemicals found in regular detergents that may harm the sheepskin leather & wool.
- Do NOT put sheepskin footwear or mittens in the washing machine.
- Wash separately from other items and rinse in cold water.
- After washing, remove excess water using paper towels, and if required reshape.
- Allow to dry naturally and slowly.
- Do NOT dry in sunlight or direct heat.
Are Sheepskin products waterproof?
No genuine Sheepskin products are not waterproof, they are however somewhat water resistant so in light rain your sheepskin should be fine as long as you have protected them with a water stop protector suitable for Sheepskin.
Can I pick my order up to save shipping?
Yes, just call us to arrange a pickup.
Is there any warranty on my product?
We warranty the integrity of manufacturing for everything we sell and we will repair or replace the product at our discretion within 30 days from the day of purchase with proof of purchase.
We do not warranty against damage caused to any product during cleaning – whether by home washing or professional care — since we cannot control what is being done. Cleaning results will be different because of many factors, including the amount of use, age of the product, exposure to heat and sunlight, water hardness, etc.
Damage caused by excessive wear and tear or misuse of any product is not covered by this warranty.